Sunday, January 4, 2009

Part 1.

To start off this blog I'll lay out the purpose; to give God the glory He deserves. This is one of the many things I struggle with, God does so much in my life that is so amazing and I feel as though I down play it. So, this is my attempt to break this habit and praise Jesus Christ as He deserves!

There may be some reading this that do not know exactly what it is that I am doing here in Eugene, so I'll start from the beginning. In 2007 I applied to the U of O because I felt as though God had called me to start up a Christian Fraternity. I was accepted and moved to Eugene and got started on a degree and working towards the fraternity. Right off the start I wanted to make sure my peers knew what I stood for, thus with in the first week, "Jesus Boy" became my nickname. (The guy was/is a good friend) I was looking in to the necessities of starting a fraternity but I realized I could not do it on my own, so I looked high and low and found some guys interested but not committed to the amount of work required. It was a lot... So after trying and trying I came to the conclusion that God is not providing so I'll lay back and see what He is doing. After a little bit of time I found a group of Godly men who wanted to live for the Lord. As the school year went on our relationships grew stronger and we started to look for a place where we could all live together.
We turned in our applications and it wasn't looking to promising... But at the time I was teaching the kids at West Side Faith Center and they scheduled me to teach on Easter, I had just bailed out on the week before so I figured I needed to let my yes be my yes so I stayed and taught. I was invited by a friend and his girlfriend to have Easter dinner with them at her house, so I went and at the end of the meal she, completely randomly, stood up and asked if anyone was looking for a house to live for the next year. My eyes lite up and I all but yelled yes. So she showed me around and with in a week my friends and I had signed the contract! The crazy part is, the first person I told about our house (it being 8 bedrooms...) said it was like a mini frat. I just looked up and smiled; because I knew that this is what I was called here for.

Side note: The whole reason for the fraternity was to have an organization that was built to equip men to serve the Lord, to have fellowship, to have a safe place if you would to live and praise.

So we moved in, time went on and we all got along surprisingly well. We/ Tony, Reid & Maphet, in one of their many moments decided to call the house the REVOLUTION. The thought being that we would start practicing what we preached and live for the Lord like we aught to. At this point accountability started to kick in. As school went on we all grew closer. I personally didn't have a church that I felt at home at but I went to First B because I was really involved with CCF, a campus ministry. That is until I herd about a guy I met in Calvary Chapel Bible College in Maui, Wesley Towne, praying about a church in Eugene. I got together with him and his wife, Kara, and him over dinner and herd them out and told them I was 100% in. They later felt that God did in fact call them to Eugene so they moved and started up Ekklesia.(Ekklesiaeugene.org) We started off praying for the city, that God would move, and move He did! With in 3 or 4 months we had Wesley & Kara's apartment maxed out! During all this I decided to take the term off and do a school of ministry(SOM) that Wesley had decided to offer. After the term was over I decided that I would go back to UO like I planned but found out God had different plans. I first felt lead to not go to UO and just do SOM when taking communion, I prayed all night and felt like i just needed to serve God at UO. So I did and two weeks later He hit me again while in communion, so I broke down and decided not to serve my own desires but His; and as soon as I did I felt a huge weight off my shoulders. I dropped out of UO and did SOM full time and worked. (Time to fast forward because I just wrote a book...)
I just finished my first year of SOM, I love it and feel called to ministry still so I am continuing my second year of SOM. I am now working at an adult foster home for men with developmental disabilities to help correct their thinking and guide them towards how to safety and Independence.
If you still want more... I hope to do more of these and will keep you updated as often as I can! May the Lord bless you and show His glory to you in your life!

No comments: